Popular Posts

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Debate club


                                          Debate Club



I found a club called the debate and it is a club where you do speeches and make arguments about the speech. I joined this club because I thought that this club could improve my oral speaking and I find this club really interesting. Another reason I joined debate is that my friends were joining debate so I decided to join and have fun in debate. When it's the first meeting of debate also I found out that a lot of people joined so I got surprised. When I came in the debate club,I saw four people that were in the front of the room but I thought that those people were speakers or the leaders of this club. The first meeting in this club was quite interesting because the speakers were showing other people what debate was about and they were discussing about crime. Debate works when there is one speaker discussing about the topic to the audience and another speaker has to ask questions about the person's topic. After the speaker was done and I heard about arguments that were specific about crime. At October 14 2014,it was the third meeting of debate and last time I missed the second meeting of debate. Today's topic was about smoking and we were separated into groups to each different rooms also I was with this guy named Brandon. We were discussing and planning about the resolution about smoking. When we're done discussing about the resolution,we were against two guys in grade 10 so I got nervous for the debate about smoking. We started to discuss about smoking and Brandon was the first to speak and I forgot what I had to say. After the discussion was done,it was the grade 10 students turn and they were talking about how smoking effects your health in a scientific way, We lost against the grade 10 students in debate so they told us to improve on discussing specific details about the topic and now I learned how debate works in a specific way. The debate club meeting are held in room 218 and it is every Tuesdays after school.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI yujoon I think that the debate is quite an interesting club because you can learn how to debate so for the future if you want to become a lawyer. I think that you wrote this great as a reporter.I think that youre comments are a bit repetitive and some sentences are really small overall you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yujoon,
    Your post is detailed but still very straight forward. I'm not really sure about which assignment you chose to do though, because it's kind of hard to tell whether you were writing from the perspective of an alien or a reporter, or describing the 5 W's and H of the debate club. It's good that you described all the procedures of the club though.

    ReplyDelete